Study Photography at ITT Dublin
The photography module allows students to study the technical and creative processes involved in Photography. They will get an opportunity to create and process images both digitally and through film. As students study the creative process, they will receive guidance from the lecturers, and also their peers, through discussions and group critique sessions.
First Year: Creative Photography
Introduces students to film photography. Students study the basics of photography and visual composition, build their own cameras, and develop images in the dark room.
Second Year: Digital Imaging for Photographers
Walks students through the process of scanning images from film negatives and editing them in Photoshop.
Third Year: Studio Photography and Documentary Photography
Introduces students to professional Studio Photography, with access to state of the art studio equipment and facilities. In semester 6 students produce a major Documentary Photography piece.
Fourth Year: Advanced Photographic Techniques and Professional Photographic Techniques
Students produce an in-depth personal project of their choice.
We have a designated photo editing lab on campus with 8 computer stations available for photography students. All stations are equipped with photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, with Eizo colour calibrated screens and daylight bulb lighting, which allows us to see the exact colour on screen and on paper. The photo editing lab is also equipped with two wide format digital pigment inkjet printers, which means students can print high quality images without leaving the college.
We also have a fully equipped darkroom available in the college where we can develop our own images the old fashioned way.
- Professional Bowens studio lighting
- Professional digital medium format Hasselblad studio camera
- Large format film camera
- Tripods, reflectors, backdrops, and a large range of photographic and studio accessories
- Print mounting facilities
Professional Photo Editing Lab:
- 8 Computer stations with full Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional Eizo monitors
- Epson 4900 flatbed scanners
- 2 Epson photo printers – Epson Stylus Pro 7900 & Epson Stylus Pro 4900
- Daylight balanced lighting system
- Durst M605 enlargers
- Full range of darkroom equipment
Equipment Loan Store:
- Students have access to a range of camera and lighting equipment